These are some of the activities which took place last year in Chicago. Check back often as events for the 2014 Cleveland National are added.
2013 ACTIVITIES & EVENTS
ADDITIONAL ACTIVITIES WILL BE POSTED AS THEY ARE CONFIRMED
34th National VIP Party - The Kick-Off event for the 34th National is the annual VIP Party from
2:30-4:00pm, Wednesday July 31 and is held exclusively for VIP and
SuperVIP ticketholders. It will be held in Room 14 on the ground floor of the Donald E Stephens Convention Center. In addition to
receiving your week-long credentials and cram-packed gift package, there
will be free autographs from 1984 Rookie of the Year Dwight "Doc" Gooden, former Bears RB Neal Anderson, Olympic Gold Medalists Dick Fosbury and Bob Beamon.
34th National Sneak Peek -
The National will hold its Grand Opening, for all consumers, on
Wednesday night July 31, 4-8 PM for a special Sneak Preview of the
world's most famous sports collectibles show. There
will be free autographs from Dwight Gooden, former Bears All Pro Neal Anderson and Olympic Gold Medalists Dick Fosbury and Bob Beamon. Autographs will be one per person,
1st come-1st served, as time permits. The Show Floor will be open and
admission is free for all VIP and SuperVIP Admission attendees. One day
Admission Tickets (good for any one day of the National) may be purchased at $20 each in advance through this web
site or $25 at the Convention Center.
- Kids Free Week at the 34th National - All youngsters 12 and under will be admitted at no charge all 5 days of the show, courtesy of The National.
TriStar Productions National Autograph Pavilion
- The Autograph Pavilion will be hosted by TriStar Productions and will
showcase celebrities and athletes over the five-day period of the
consumers' show July 31-August 4. To see the complete list of
celebrities signing at the Autograph Pavilion, click here
- Olympic Pavilion - The Olympic Pavilion is a 25,000 square foot area on the Convention Floor. There you will find vendors exhibiting and selling all types of Olympic memorabilia ranged from Olympic Medals, torches, programs and everything else Olympic!
- PSA - PSA will display the best rated 1914 & 1915 Cracker Jack sets in existence valued at more than $2 Million. At the center of this display will be "the 1915 Babe Ruth card that never was," a one-of-a-kind Babe Ruth portrait rendered by renowned sports illustrator Arthur K. Miller (www.artofthegame.com) specially for the cover of this year's special National Convention issue of SMR. PSA will be handing out thousands of free, special-edition SMRs at the convention this summer while supplies last. In honor of our Collectors Club promotion, this year's SMR cover will showcase Arthur K. Miller's rendition of the Babe Ruth Cracker Jack card "that never was" in a PSA-holder.
- PerfectCollector.com - Win an iPad Mini by entering the contest at their Corporate Booth #618
- Never Enough Cards/Evolution Sports Marketing - At Booth
#670 100 of the limited edition OYO minifigures will be distributed each day of
the National (Wednesday-Sunday) to the first 50 kids and 50 adults. The
National Limited Edition OYO will be a packaged limited edition with
accessories. In addition, Thursday-Sunday between 11AM-1PM, OYO will run one-half hour
sessions for kids to build an OYO field. There are 12 spots available per day.
OYO is providing 12 field sets and each participant will be invited to build
and play with the field sets and OYO players. All participants will also
receive a bag of "goodies" from Never Enough Cards including sports
cards sets, packs and other items. Extra OYO figures will be given out as
prizes. Kids may register in advance by sending an email to OYONationalPromo@aol.com
to reserve a spot. Parents should send an email including the child's name, day
and time they would like to participate and a contact phone number.
- "A Piece of the Game" - New TV Show will be filming an episode at the National on Saturday near the Olympic Pavilion in Hall B
- Memory Lane - will be displaying the Dbacks collection of high-end vintage cards at their Booth #1001. Visit and receive a wall calendar showing many of these great cards.
- Wrapper Redemptions - Many of the card companies offer wrapper redemption programs at the National. We will list those about which we have information.
- Press Pass - Receive one blind-wrapped "Mystery Pack" for each hobby box of 2013 Press Pass NASCAR product purchased on the show floor from a dealer carrying 2013 Press Pass products(eligible products include 2013 Press Pass Racing, 2013 Total Memorabilia, 2013 Ignite Racing, 2013 Redline Racing, and 2013 Fanfare Racing). The promotion has been improved in a big way vs. 2012: Every Mystery Pack will contain an exclusive Press Pass Fanfare autograph card created just for The National! The roster will consist of approximately 50 drivers including all of the biggest names like Danica Patrick, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, and Tony Stewart. All autograph cards will be #'d to 10 or less! Each Mystery Pack will also include a limited edition Exclusive Fanfare base set parallel card numbered to 3.
Upper Deck - Wrapper
Redemption Program –
Collectors just need to purchase
five (5) packs of 2013 SPx Football, 2013 Upper Deck Football (Hobby),
2012-13 SP Authentic Basketball, 2012-13 NHL SP Authentic or 2013
Goodwin Champions OR two (2) packs of 2012 Fleer Retro Football, 2012-13
NHL Fleer Retro or 2012-13 Fleer Retro Basketball to receive one (1)
2013 Upper Deck National Sports Collectors Convention Pack. These five
(5) card packs must be purchased from a Certified Diamond Dealer who
will provide collectors with an Upper Deck issued voucher for the redemption
program. The program will begin at different times each day starting on
Thursday and run as long as supplies last. Collectors can take advantage of the
promotion up to four times per person, per day.
Promotion begins at 12:00 p.m.
Packs will include Rory McIlroy,
Mark McGwire, Troy Glaus, Jonathan Toews and Cheyenne Woods Friday:
Promotion begins at 10:00 a.m. Packs will include LeBron James, Tony Cingrani, Wayne Gretzky, Tony
Gwynn and Brandon Saad. Saturday:
Promotion begins at 10:00 a.m. Packs will include Tiger Woods, Bobby Hull,
Reggie Jackson, Pete Incaviglia and Ken Griffey Jr. Sunday: Promotion begins at 10:00 a.m. Packs
will include Michael Jordan, Frank Thomas, Patrick Kane, Darryl Strawberry and
Jim Abbott. Autograph cards are randomly seeded into these packs.
In the Game
- Break one box of Sportkings Series F at the In The Game booth (#634), to
receive a specially made relic card just for the 34th National. These
cards will contain single, double, and triple pieces of memorabilia. Each
card will have 19 silver versions and 1 gold. If you’re a real high-roller and decide to open a 16-box case of Sportkings
Series F at the In The Game booth, you’ll receive a 1/1 Spectacular Patch made
just for the National. There will be Spectacular Patch cards of Chicago
favorites like Stan Mikita, Chris Chelios, Harold Baines, Bill Skowron, Luis
Aparicio, Glenn Hall, Ed Belfour, Sammy Sosa, Jeremy Roenick and many more.
- Topps - BOWMAN PLATINUM HOBBY BOX
Collectors at the 2012 National loved the exclusive Bowman Blue Foil Parallel
set so Topps will bring them back in Chicago! The 25-card 2013 Bowman Platinum
Blue Foil Parallel Set (#’d to 500) will feature the hottest prospects and
rookies in Baseball. Some lucky collectors will find autograph cards of Byron
Buxton, Carlos Correa, Taijuan Walker and more. To top this all off, A Yasiel
Puig redemption for an auto can be found in this set!
Collectors opening ONE full sealed HOBBY BOX of 2013 Bowman Platinum Baseball
(in front of a Topps rep at the booth) can redeem the box for this exclusive
set. This redemption will be limited to 100 sets per day and 1 set per person
per day. The set will ONLY be available at the National Sports Collectors
Classic 1952 Bowman Cards - featuring original artwork by James Henry Smith
of JHS Sketch Cards. (check them out on FB at facebook.com/jhssketchcards)
Topps has created a special 8-card 2013 Wrapper redemption set that features
the 1952 Bowman design. Collectors opening 3 packs of any 2013 Topps/Bowman
HOBBY product (in front of a Topps rep at the booth) can redeem their wrappers
for one of the following cards. Ernie Banks, Frank Thomas, Mike Trout, Bryce Harper, Geno Smith, EJ Manuel, Tavon Austin, Eddie Lacy
This redemption will be limited to 100 cards per subject per day. And each
subject is limited to 1 redemption per person per day.
Topps will be offering a limited number of all-new 2013 Topps Mini Baseball
boxes (online exclusive) for sale at it’s booth during the show. Look for
autograph cards from the following in this product. Yasiel Puig, Mike Trout, Sandy Koufax,Nolan Ryan
- Leaf - Leaf Bucks are back!